Are airline tickets expensive during christmas holidays?

Because from what i hear from my uncle in detroit said to me one time that if i go to reno in the summer i will not go during christmas because He said it will be too early to go again because he said christmas time airfares are expensive. And my mom was looking at tickets to india because she wants to see... show more Because from what i hear from my uncle in detroit said to me one time that if i go to reno in the summer i will not go during christmas because

He said it will be too early to go again because he said christmas time airfares are expensive.

And my mom was looking at tickets to india because she wants to see family but the tickets are expensive to go to india

Like is it hard to find tickets to india because i havent been there since 2007 christmas because i have family in india who i havent seen for a long time