How can you have long eyelashes without damaging your natural ones?

So I have long but dead straight eyelashes and at the moment I curl and put mascara on them almost everyday but i’m getting worried because sometimes they come out when i curl them and sometimes when i remove my mascara. So should I be worried and what are my alternative options? Perming them? is that more or less... show more So I have long but dead straight eyelashes and at the moment I curl and put mascara on them almost everyday but i’m getting worried because sometimes they come out when i curl them and sometimes when i remove my mascara.
So should I be worried and what are my alternative options? Perming them? is that more or less damaging? Or perhaps extensions?? I don’t want to have them straight or with no mascara as it makes me self conscious and I prefer the way I look with longer lashes.

Any help is appreciated thank you xxx