I am getting married but my mother got upset that I am not inviting anyone. Does she actually have a say?

He is from abroad and we want to get married to be together in the country we are at. We don't want to make a big deal because we don't think it's that big of a deal. When I told my mum, she said I should invite family. I said no. When I told my grandma we would get married but not have a party, she... show more He is from abroad and we want to get married to be together in the country we are at.
We don't want to make a big deal because we don't think it's that big of a deal.
When I told my mum, she said I should invite family. I said no.
When I told my grandma we would get married but not have a party, she said ok, I just want you to to be happy. My mother was extremely upset saying I should have invited her.
Seriously, what for? We are only getting two witnesses and nobody else will be able to participate cause we have to pay for each person. Not only we don't want to pay, but also we don't want the people.
It's a big mess in the family now.
Should I now cancel the marriage or just do it in secret?