Am i stupid i need advice please?

I've been having some problems lately my fiance of 5 years and I recently took some time apart for 4 months to try to work things out come last week Friday Saturday morning I cannot get ahold of her come to find out I took a drive to her ex's house to see her car there she lied but later came out and told... show more I've been having some problems lately my fiance of 5 years and I recently took some time apart for 4 months to try to work things out come last week Friday Saturday morning I cannot get ahold of her come to find out I took a drive to her ex's house to see her car there she lied but later came out and told me she had slept with him just to see if the feelings were still there She cried and ask for forgiveness and said the feelings weren't there because she couldn't stop thinking of me so we both decided to work it out even after the fact I said we were both going to leave the past in the past because I am not a perfect guy either and I had made some mistakes before but never as bad as this for some reason I cannot get over this and constantly reminded of the pain I felt when I discovered this and it has caused us to argue for the past 3 nights note that we are trying to work this out and take things slowly but for some reason she doesn't want her family to know that we are working things out yet I am stuck in a place where I want to work this out because I love her and put too much time in this relationship to throw it away do you guys have any suggestions on how I can get past this to work this relationship out and stop bringing up the past and thinking about it please help I really want this to work Because I love her and I raised her two small children as my own
13 answers 13