Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 years ago

In need some girl advice ASAP!!?

Hi guys. So I'm a 17-year-old boy, and I'm currently attending my local community college to take classes there due to being academically advanced. Anyways, there's this beautiful girl in my English class that I really want to ask out/become closer friends with, except I don't know what to do.

Here's the catch: She's 22 or 23, and she's a foreigner from Nepal studying in the United States, and has been she said for about two years. Nonetheless, we still always say hi to each other between classes, and she has messaged me via email on Canvas before, asking me how my weekend was and such. She's also approached me a couple times outside of class when I'm studying at the Starbucks on campus. Despite our age difference, she seems to enjoy talking to me, and I think she's the most beautiful human I've ever seen.

She doesn't speak very good English, so she usually talks to me during class if she needs help understanding something. I just really wanna ask her out before the quarter is over. If I do, should it be like at the Starbucks? Or like how should I do it? What would be good first date/hangout ideas? Need some quick answers cuz I might try to make a move as soon as tomorrow!!!

PS: I must emphasize that I am not looking to get too friendly with her when I'm asking for first date/hangout ideas! I am a minor still, and i don't want her to get in trouble with the law for anything sexual or of that nature, so please don't suggest anything along this line!

Favorite Answer

Foreigners can look especially exotic and beautiful to some people. But foreign students can be hard to get to know and especially to date. Except if he or she is looking for a local dude to get involved with for residency or green card purposes. So, be careful about that. Not saying that she's looking at you in that way, but none-the- less, it's something to consider until you know her well enough to discount it.

My best advice is to "nurture" the relationship along at a slow pace. Since you've encountered each other at Starbucks, I would say that asking if you can get her a drink or coffee (or whatever) at Starbucks is an excellent idea.

In terms of how friendly you get ... I don't think I'd worry about that, you are 17, and I don't think she'd or you would get into any legal trouble for that. I mean there's a possibility you could get into trouble if you do something stupid. Like she could get into trouble for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, or something like that. But you'd have to engage in some fairly serious mischief for that to happen.

You have to remember that foreign girls come from different cultures and have different practices and expectations about how they interact with boys. And there could be family pressures and religious considerations that could be stumbling blocks to a romantic relationship.

So that's why I suggest that you "nurture" your friendship or relationship with her along slowly so that you can get to know her and be able to judge if there's even a possibility that she would be open to a more that friendly relationship with you. Good Luck!