How to get blemishes removed from credit report?

I used Fingerhut a year ago to establish credit, fell behind on payments and now it's the only delinquent account on my report. My credit score is ~ 490. The only account on my credit report is the closed account from Fingerhut. I got something there, but fell behind after losing my job. My account was closed,... show more I used Fingerhut a year ago to establish credit, fell behind on payments and now it's the only delinquent account on my report.

My credit score is ~ 490. The only account on my credit report is the closed account from Fingerhut. I got something there, but fell behind after losing my job. My account was closed, and sold to a creditor. I am in better financial standing now, so I decided it was time to clean up. I rushed, and didn't know of getting the delinquent account removed. I paid them off last week, in a lump sum. I regret it: now it seems harder to get this removed. How can I do this?

ALSO, I had my first debit card, and was the victim of identity theft after losing my card & some paperwork. I immediately contacted the bank, but after a 2 day investigation they said I'm liable. I didn't pay the money ~$200. They closed my account, and that was it. I was recently denied for debit w/ USAA, so I got a second chance card. I've only had it for 2 months now, so it'll be a little while before I'm in clear on ChexSystems, right? It was Early Warning Services used when I was denied by USAA. Will my report on ChexSystems or Early Warning Services hinder my ability to build my credit? I was just approved for a secured credit card from USAA w/ no credit check. Haven't got it yet, but I was hoping that paying the creditor, using my secured credit card, and good financial habits using the second chance card would put me in good financial standing with time. Is this good to assume?