How could I get the down payment to finance my car?

I'm sure this has been asked before! Some background info: - I'm 19, will be 20 late next year. - Newly enlisted member of the US Army. - Currently have a pretty stable job, making $800; $650 after deductions every two weeks. - Also get paid from the Army ~ currently only $150/month after deductions. -... show more I'm sure this has been asked before!

Some background info:
- I'm 19, will be 20 late next year.
- Newly enlisted member of the US Army.
- Currently have a pretty stable job, making $800; $650 after deductions every two weeks.
- Also get paid from the Army ~ currently only $150/month after deductions.
- Graduated high school in June; start college in August of 2018, and go to training for 4 months in Jan.

I'm planning on getting my first car within a year. I'm currently working and living rent free. I go to BCT & ACT in January, and I'll be gone for a total of about 17 weeks. I'm looking at a nice tax refund, and seeing as tax season is right around the corner I hope to save that and use that as the base for the down payment on my car. Making $650 every two weeks, or $1450/month (my job + Army pay), I feel like I'm capable of buying a car. I begin college in August of 2018 with no debt/loans, no dependents, and will be getting paid from the Army. I want to put down at least $4,000 on a new car going through USAA, but I currently don't have that money. I've been helping out family and taking care of things I need done before training. When I come back from training, I'll make more than $150 from the army, and I'll be able to work at my current job again though I may look for a higher paying one. I'll have my tax refund which I can use, and some savings (not much, really). I'm not so much concerned about the payments on the car going forward, just the down payment. Help?!