Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 years ago

Why does my country not appreciate my military service in the Coast Guard Special Operations and the CIA on account of my open homosexuality?

I served my country with distinction as a member of the elite Coast Guard SEAL detachment (graduating as the top officer in BUD/S 123) where I served in SOCOM and JSOC as a member of the top tier clandestine Naval Special Warfare Development Group (the first Coastie to be selected in DEVGRU hostility). I served several tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as in the Battle of Takur Ghar alongside SFOD-D, DEVGRU, the New Zealand and Australian SAS and the USAF 24th STS. I received a Silver Star with V device, a Bronze Star with Oak Leaf Cluster and V device, a Presidential Unit Citation, the coveted Ranger Tab and the Coast Guard Cross. I was outed by a jilted lover who worked as a Special Agent at the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. Upon my discharge, I continued to serve as a civilian operational consultant for the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team at Quantico, as well as the Agency's clandestine Special Operations Group at Dam Neck Annex. Later, I was tapped by the DoD to help reform the Defense Clandestine Service into a fully-functional operational HUMINT and direct action-capable unit, where I was seconded as a civilian counter-intelligence liaison to the US Army Intelligence Support Activity- serving in combat duty in Djibouti, Yemen and Eritrea. For my efforts, I was awarded the Distinguished Intelligence Cross by the CIA. I was discharged at the rank of Lt. Cmdr. but was unable to retire in grade due to my homosexuality so I was reverted to the rank of Ensign.

• RICK
    Favorite Answer

You show a talent for writing fiction

According to Obama and the left Bergdahl served with honor and distinction . You dont want to be in that group

• Tim

Don't say your country does not appreciate your service. You possibly feel like many Blacks felt when they returned from Vietnam. We have republicans who chooses hate and lack of appreciation of what we have.

Liar. Anyone with anywhere near that resume would not be putting it out here. If it were true, your statement alone would be justification for a reduction in rank.

SILLY BUGGER!

• NWIP

Pretty good story but sorry it will not win you a Pulitzer

• TomB

Not that I believe this pile of crap. but I'll play your silly game...To be thrown out for being "openly gay" you would have had to have served during the Don't Ask/Don't Tell years (or prior to) and knowingly violated your Oath and the UCMJ that you would have agreed to be Governed by. Honor is everything (especially in the Officer Ranks) and a Man or Woman is only as good as their word.

Maybe you should write the Clinton's a letter and complain about Slick Willie's DA/DT policy along with the Defense of Marriage Act that was signed into law on his watch.

I'll give you a 1 for your story and a 7 for effort.

No one cares. That's not me trying to give you an answer... We don't care. We don't have a say in how that sh!t is handled.

Nothing personal.

Maybe be a little wiser about how you integrate your personal life and professional responsibilities. That's about all I can think of.

Your "open homosexuality", like your "career" is not even good fiction.

Without going past the first line, the Coast Guard has no Special Operations.

Wow that sucks :( but you got to shower with other men