What major/degree program suits me?

I am a twelve grader and i ll be in college next year. I am still confused in choosing the major that i will be in. I like inventing things and having research about technology. I really like doraemon (although it sounds really childish) and baymax that kind of things. I also like inventions that make world a better place, like flower shaped solar panel. I like biology and art the most at school. Can you please tell me what major suits me? Your opinion would be very helpful for me.

Favorite Answer

This is really a discussion that you should have with your parents and guidance counselor. You do not need to select a major right away unless you are trying for an engineering program. Majoring in any type of engineering takes more than interest; you need to be very good a math and science. If you are, you should look into things like mechanical, environmental, systems, software, or other engineering disciplines.

Most kids do not select a major until the end of the sophomore years, so you don't need to jump the gun on this. Take a variety of classes as a freshman and you will quickly figure out what clicks for you. It is very normal for a 17- or 18-year-old not to know what they want to major in.

• Squid

You don't need to choose a major the first year if you aren't sure what you want. Even if you do choose a major, you can change anytime you want.

Go into engineering. That will give you the most flexibility with your inventive nature. Alternative energy inventions may suit you very well, and are very popular today.