Samaria asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

Appetite increase - what from?

OK. I ve been struggling with anxiety all my life, and major stress for the last couple years. I ve also struggled with depression for the last two years, which was especially prevalent the past 6 months or so. But in the last two months I ve gained like 12 pounds (which is a lot for my height at 5 2" but I am fine with it because I don t like looking super skinny). The odd part is that usually when my stress gets worse, I have awful anxiety/depression spells that last for days and sometimes weeks where I lose weight because I dry-heave and puke and can t eat. I m under a tremendous amount of stress but I ve been extremely hungry and gaining weight the last couple months. I m always hungry to the point of over eating. My drinking has increased slightly, but not SO much (I ve been drinking more than I should for at least the last 3 years). I ve been taking xanax for my anxiety for the last 2 years. My Dr prescribed me phenergan/promethazine at a pretty low dose a couple months ago as well. It helps my appetite and helps my nausea which is usually induced by my anxiety; however, I don t take phenergan every day, but I m super hungry every day. Again, I m not complaining, as I did want to gain the weight back that I d lost because of anxiety. It s just weird that now all of the sudden my anxiety increases my appetite when it has decreased it all the time for the last 5+ years. Is it the alcohol? The phenergan? I m a 26 y/o female by the way.

• Kano

Nutrient deficiency, your body is trying to get some nutrient it is short off so it makes you eat,

Anxiety and depression can also be caused by poor nutrition.

Read this

http://kellybroganmd.com/confessions-of-a-renegade...

I guess you believe in the low fat diet fad, fats are essential for healthy brain function.

Can we cuddle?