How does 1 Corinthians 11:3 disprove the trinity doctrine?

At 1 Corinthians 11:3 we read that Jesus has someone who is his head over him, who is this someone that is Jesus’ head?

(King James) 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

(American Standard) 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The word head (kephale) means master lord

So Jesus has a master, a lord over him. How does this face in with the Trinity doctrine?

(New World Translation) But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God.

(John 12:49) 49 For I have not spoken of my own initiative, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment about what to say and what to speak.

If Jesus is God doesn’t this contradict what the Bible really teaches?

Historian Will Durant observed: “Christianity did not destroy paganism; it adopted it. Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity.” And in the book Egyptian Religion, Siegfried Morenz notes: “The trinity was a major preoccupation of Egyptian theologians.

3 gods r combined & treated as a single being, addressed in the singular. In this way the spiritual force of Egyptian religion shows a direct link with Christian theology. Thus, in Alexandria Egypt, churchmen of the late third & early 4th centuries, such as Athanasius, reflected this influence as they formulated ideas that led to the Trinity. Their own influence spread, so that Morenz considers “Alexandrian theology as the intermediary between the Egyptian religious heritage and Christianity.”

Favorite Answer

This verse hi-lights a Bible principle called the headship principle. This principle is used throughout the Bible to demonstrate ho has the responsibility to direct. It is used in the family and in the congregation. The ultimate head over all is Jesus Father, Almighty God.

Trinity believers largely honor this Bible principle in the family but ignore it in the congregation. Look around you at church going people and you will see headship in action. And when the family head is a righteous person the principle works well as it was intended.

But as regards the trinity believers? They will ignore anything in the Bible showing the trinity idea to be false. For instance when Jesus was baptized and God spoke aloud identifying Jesus as his son, they cannot hear God. Or when Jesus prayed asking for certain things, they cannot hear Jesus pray. Even the personal prayer at John 17 is off limits to them. They cannot hear Jesus.

So my advice to you is the same as Jesus gave to Peter and the other disciples when they pointed out the Pharisees being unable to believe Jesus. The account is at Mathew 15. Jesus quoted the Bible and applied the words of God to them. Jesus quoted Isaiah and said, “You hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you when he said: 8 ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 9 It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” (Matt 15:7-9)

Jesus advice is found in verse 14. “Let them be. Blind guides is what they are. If, then, a blind man guides a blind man, both will fall into a pit.” All you do when trying to reason with a trinity believer is cause frustration with yourself. Concentrate your power on the ones with a good heart spoken of at Acts 13:48. These are on the road to life. Those who refuse to believe Jesus are not. More at jw.org

Source(s): Holy Bible

While in normal usage fo words, to speak on God as being the head of Jesus would mean that Jesus is not God, the trinitarian keeps imagining this and that to produce all kinds of assumptions to make the scripture appear to be in harmony with the added-on triune God dogma.

It shows that Christ is separate from and subordinate to God, as many other scriptures do. The Trinity is not biblical.

• TeeM

One person explained to me this way.

In the Bible the use of 'God' is the trinity.

When it says 'Father', 'Son', or 'holy spirit', it is referring to a specific personage of God.

Thus I am assuming 'God' the trinity is head of God the Son,

yet according to the trinity, all are equally God and have no head.

It is also interesting that the heavenly glorified, God the Son still has a God the trinity that he worships and obeys. (Rev 3:2)

Oh what a muddy pool of deception the trinity makes.

.

• Terry

The whole of the Bible disproves the pagan Trinity.

I have asked many a Trinity person to show us where in the Bible it says "the holy spirit is God " or that "the holy spirit is equal to God" .....................and to date NO TAKERS !

• David

Disprove? Hardly! It confirms the deity of Christ.

It doesn't, There is the Father, there is Jesus who is his son, and there is the Holy Spirit, t, that is the trinity, 3 of them, that is the trinity, what is so damn hard to understand!

It doesn't. What that's referring to is that the Father is the head of the Son, but it speaks about it in a generalized way. Jesus is not the Father.

• janhoi

Does Matthew 28:18-20 prove the Trinity?

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit"

Source(s): Anglican Christian

You can't disprove an argument that's based purely on rhetoric in the first place. It all just comes back to "prove it".