Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do people own Apple computers instead of PC's?

Why do SOME PEOPLE own Apple computers such as iMac and MacBook rather than PCs if it has that STUPID "Finder" sh*t with clicking quitting Google Chrome or Safari or Firefox for 'Finder', also Microsoft Word? Instead of simply pressing an X button to x out of things?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

"Finder" is just the equivalent of Windows Explorer [the folder icon in windows] and generally quite similar in function; if finder is stupid, so is explorer.

The "x" is just in a different place.

Each has advantages and disadvantages; I use Windows on my main machine and one of my laptops, but Apple machines and Linux based PCs for programming.

[Also there are about a million times less viruses that attack Apple OSX (or other unix / linux based) systems than Windows-based systems. Less than 100 vs over 60,000,000 ].

• keerok
    Lv 7
    4 years ago

Macs are easier to use, PCs are cheaper, Linux is free. Choose your platform and stop minding other people's business.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.