23 year old health male... with acne. ACCUTANE.?

acne for 9 years and now im getting really tired of it. Face is ALWAYS oily. I compare mine to others and its bad. red small deep acne everywhere that just stays there. From a distance it doesnt look bad, but close up it does. I avoid conversation, people looking at me... ect..

my face is just really bumpy and oily. was this the right move, my derm prescribing accutane? haven t pick it up yet. scared of IB....

Favorite Answer

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

Accutane is SO hard on your system. The best products I have seen are made by Dr. that formulated ProActiv

here is a link to order. https://tcornett.myrandf.com/Shop/Unblemish

• Alonso

Get these pads, they will help without nasty side effects. . One simple step that works to keep acne and acne scars away.

Niacinamide (aka Niapads ®) face pads help keep acne away by scrubbing open clogged pores, oily residues blackheads and exfoliation. Feel a pimple coming? Just wet a pad, place it on the pimple and remove it when dry. Sit back and watch pimple disappear. Works on body acne too.

These pads also help reduce skin hyperpigmentation (acne scars). Try it and see the difference.

• john2 years agoReport

If youre on accutane I wouldnt recommend using the pads, your skin would be extremely dry. Accutane works by drying out the oils.

My friend uses it, which has really helped her. If you use it right and it's the right prescription for you it works well. But it does dry your skin quite severely, so if you need to use a non-oily moisturization that's fine!

• Jeff2 years agoReport

awesome thank you

Accutane should be the last resort after you try oral antibiotics (tetracycline) and topicals (clindamycin and retin A). I was on accutane at one point and it comes with many side effects. I was constantly sore and my anxiety drastically increased. Despite the side effects, it is the most effective acne medication on the market.

• Jeff2 years agoReport

Thank you for responce, im allergic to sulfer and she said "the second and third option i wanted to give you for your kind of acne your allergic to"