Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 4 years ago

Acceptable Winter Irish Wedding Attire?

So I am flying to Ireland after Christmas this year to attend a cousins wedding. From what I can tell, it will be a very fancy one ( the groomsmen is from a money family and there is a large cathedral and resort estate involved) and I want to look presentable! The last time I was in Ireland I was struck by how different my farmer girl jeans and sweatshirts were from my Irish families sleek, heeled Dublin trodding attire (It was my first visit last year lol) and I want to be more prepared this time for the culture difference! What are some good outfit ideas that involve staying very warm and mostly fashionable overseas without breaking the bank? I know my family will be happy to just see me there either way, but I was very self conscious and anxious about my appearance during my previous trip and want to get this right since there will be a lot very nicely dressed ladies to compare myself with! I’ve asked my Irish connections, but they are aunts who say “oh just wear something nice, that’s what I’m doing” so I still want advice lol

Favorite Answer

DETAILS. First, buy a nice, dress-length coat. Boots, shoes, gloves and hat. Nothing looks sillier than a scrubby old jacket over a nice dress. Depending on weather, you may need to switch between boots and shoes. Then go for the dress and foundation garments. Don’t forget a slip! Your dress should go well with your hat (a structured hat or a sharp beret) so you can wear the hat indoors. Choose a dress that is not black, white, or red. It’s still the best form to keep your head covered in church. Observe the other ladies at the reception to see if they keep their hats on. Any jewelry should be classic: no skulls or razor blades or anything like that. Get a manicure and have your eyebrows threaded or waxed. You’ll be amazed at how much more attractive you are with your eyebrows done.