Is it a good idea for me to taking a guided camping trip to a remote Alaskan national park?

I ve never been camping before but I understand there are guides you can hire to show you the park. Does anyone know who they might be thanks

Favorite Answer

You might try Orbridge, they specialize in Alaskan tours and such. [http://orbridge.com/]

I did their Alaska whale watching expedition. It was outstanding.

• John

Most people don't start camping by choosing a "high adventure" trip to deep wilderness, but since it ios guided, you should be okay. Just know that the degree of hardships encountered in camping experiences is often dictated by the strenuousness of the situation. For instance, car camping is generally not challenging, but backpacking is.

I do not know what you consider a "remote Alaskan national park." If you mean Denali, then you do not need to hire a guide. Near the entrance, you make arrangements to go a series of legs across the park about 80 miles that takes an entire day. You can camp at Wonder Lake. If you mean Katmai, then you hire an amphibious aircraft to drop you on the beach. You should reserve a campsite up to a year in advance to avoid dispersed camping in bear country.

• Bob

Sounds like a great idea! watch out for Grizzlies

• Steve G3 years agoReport

thanks good advice!