I feel like focusing on studies is making me a loner. What should I do to stay sociable and confident without losing the focus on studies?

Hello! I am 17, a boy and I came into the 10th year in August. I have my exams in summer 2018. Until the pretty much-end of 9th year, I was a very sociable, extroverted and a confident person: I used to play all kinds of sports, was involved in singing and other activities and I was hanging out with friend. But I... show more Hello! I am 17, a boy and I came into the 10th year in August. I have my exams in summer 2018. Until the pretty much-end of 9th year, I was a very sociable, extroverted and a confident person: I used to play all kinds of sports, was involved in singing and other activities and I was hanging out with friend. But I didn't use to study too much, it was like I didn't care about studying even a little. It was so bad that I didn't even bother to check the results of the mid year exams. Well so in the late 9th year, the principal called my mother and we had a kind of a meeting. She showed me and my mother my result, I had a 44 percent overall, and I was kind of shocked. She then told us that if I don't get above 60 percent in the final exams (the overall of the mid year is also included, so this made it worse) I won't be allowed to go through. so I was kind of scared because I was already two years behind. So I started studying really hard, I a managed to pass the final (not too comfortably though, I had a 62 percent overall) and I haven't stopped studying even now. I had my PTM yesterday and all of my teachers appreciated my hard work and the "HUGE change" that they have seen in me. But almost all of them raised this point that I have become kind of introverted, and I am sure they are right because I can feel the change myself. I don't talk too much during the class, and I am always studying hard. I know it's kind of stupid, but please try to cooperate and help if you can. Thanks
1 answer 1