Does Trump want a Border like Israel?

30 Foot Tall with Barbed Wired

28 Answers

Relevance
  • Jon
    Lv 5
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. No. Maybe. Who knows? Israel is a much smaller country, with their wall, when completed, only 440 miles long (see link to map). The US-Mexico border is 2,000 miles, 4.5 times longer. But a lot of that is inaccessible terrain, at least for heavy equipment. Just "...completing the Texas part of the wall would be a daunting task thanks to the border's sheer length, the fact that it sits in the center of the snaking Rio Grande, and because treaties with Mexico prevent either country from constructing within the river's flood plains. And unlike in other southwestern states, most border land in Texas is privately owned."

Trump has learned, much to his horror and rage, that what he wants, he doesn't always get, not as president. He might have gotten his way as head of his own company, but he doesn't own the US, he is not the CEO or the boss. He's a president with rules, limitations, and adversaries.

Want to know how our wall might look IF it is built? Look at the photo of the Palestinian wall below.

http://www.bonfiire.com/stellenbosch/wp-content/up...

Attachment image
    • ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 6
      2 years agoReport

For details of the latter, please also see my answer; currently on page 3 of this question thread.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

I think US should've had a wall years ago, back then they would've had the money to build it. Now US is in trillions of debt . I would be willing to make a donation toward building that wall. Trump should spend some of his money to build that wall. He needs to keep one of his promises cause he don't seem to be keeping any others. Talk is cheap.

• 2 years ago

How about one like East Germany used to have???

• Dennis
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

The Israeli border is PAID FOR by the USA, not mexico.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yeah, he also WANTS Mexico to pay for it, since HE did say he "knew" how to make them pay... and he added, "Trust me, I know..." and we're all waiting for that (we're NOT holding our breath... he hasn't kept any of his many promises yet... so...). I still recall when he wanted to use American tax dollars to build it (with any number of his construction companies profiteering, over-charging, double-charging...) but American taxpayers flooded the White House switchboard for about a week non-stop with irate telephone calls from American voters and taxpayers ***** at a fever pitch... and he changed his mind and has been mighty quiet ever since... Gee, I wonder why...

• 2 years ago

It works in Israel. So does discrimination in searches at their airports.

• Jon
      Lv 5
      2 years agoReport

It's not really "discrimination" when almost everybody who comes into the airport looks the same!

• 2 years ago

Israel has that fence for a reason; to protect its citizens from violence. And it works.

The problems between the US and Mexico are different, of course, but it has come to the point that we need to protect ourselves too.

The narco-insurgency violence developing in Mexico is something that Mexicans must deal with; it does no good in the long run to allow it to spread into the US. We have enough problems of our own.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Don't tell us you didn't look at the plans, You looked at the plans

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Yes. But most of Israel's borders are actually protected by fences.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Trump hates Everyone

*Bastard

• 2 years ago

pissrael will be destroyed mark my words

• Foxhole
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Every county will be destroyed. Just takes patience.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.