Does bullying shape your personality?

I have always been a very sensitive person since I was really young. I am an 18 year old girl. Therefore, when someone was deliberately mean to me, it hurt my feelings a lot. On top of being really sensitive, I do not show my emotions. I do not show when I am hurt, because to me, the perpetrator will just take... show more I have always been a very sensitive person since I was really young. I am an 18 year old girl. Therefore, when someone was deliberately mean to me, it hurt my feelings a lot. On top of being really sensitive, I do not show my emotions. I do not show when I am hurt, because to me, the perpetrator will just take advantage of it, and break me more. Being bullied have severely damaged my self-esteem, made me heartless and unempathetic towards others. I do not trust people. I hate people. I think that there's no good people in the world. I feel like I am the only decent person out here, and I have to protect myself. I come off as a narcissist to many people, but I am just trying to protect myself from being hurt any further. I think that I feel like this because of years of bullying, and having people constantly tell me negative stuff about myself and beat my self-esteem down, it has taken a toll on my personality.
5 answers 5