Is it Illegal to walk on train tracks?

So i like going on walks, i walk on the train tracks, in the country. I like to follow them and see where it will talk me. One way i followed, there was a little bridge and a no trespassing sign. Which is ok, i didn't continue the walk. These are also active train tracks, many trains have came through while... show more So i like going on walks, i walk on the train tracks, in the country. I like to follow them and see where it will talk me. One way i followed, there was a little bridge and a no trespassing sign. Which is ok, i didn't continue the walk. These are also active train tracks, many trains have came through while walking, i just move to the side.
Update: Also the other way is where i've been walking, yet to see a no trespassing sign
Update 2: The railway is functional, trains do come. I have not been walking on them anymore. But been walking down hiking trails that I found