Need input(s) for PC hardware upgrade under a stipulated budget?

My current configuration is: CPU: i5–3450 MoBo: Z77A-G43 DDR3 12 GB RAM SMPS: Corsair TX-650 GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Display: 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz) Other components as usual - no SSDs, by the way (on my wishlist). Considering the above specs and the type of games I usually play I was reluctant to go for an upgrade,... show more My current configuration is:

CPU: i5–3450
MoBo: Z77A-G43
DDR3 12 GB RAM
SMPS: Corsair TX-650
GPU: ASUS GTX 1070
Display: 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz)

Other components as usual - no SSDs, by the way (on my wishlist).

Considering the above specs and the type of games I usually play I was reluctant to go for an upgrade, until recently when I tried playing Ashes of Singularity and got a near unplayable 4–5 FPS.

Searching several forums, I understood that my CPU is probably ‘bottleneck’-ing my GPU. Hence, I started thinking of upgrading my hardware. Also, my rig got a piss poor score in two benchmarking softwares (specially the CPU part).

My first question is whether an upgrade is “really required”?

Secondly, my budget is kind of tight (not above 40K) - and I am planning to upgrade only my CPU, MoBo, and the RAM (and an SSD, if possible - am I too greedy?). So, any input on that.

The latest graphics intensive game I have played is Mass Effect Andromeda, and Shadow of Mordor. I like to play simulation games - City, tycoons, physics, etc, Strategy (RTS and TBS), and all Bioware games of course (whether they are worth or not).

Also, I DO NOT intend to go for any overclocking. I am not in a hurry and am patient to wait out if anyone thinks that some new technology is gonna launch in the early 2018…

Please help me decide the components (as per Indian market prices; I do prefer to avoid online prices).

Thanks in advance.
Update: Need input(s) for PC hardware upgrade under a stipulated budget (40,000 INR)?