Is pulling a self-defense weapon on a guy who follows you too extreme?

Catcalling has been getting so extreme it literally usually resorts to them following me down a few blocks or following my train route. However, I am super confrontational. Would not be abnormal for me to fight them for that with my personality, so if I pulled mace or a knife on a guy who, when I didn't give him my number, started following me, would that be too extreme? I feel like I would have to because there's no way I'm gonna let the guy follow me home and know where I live, because what if he's crazy enough to start popping up there just to see me? And don't worry. I know the difference between stalking and someone walking in the same direction as me, I'm not one of those paranoid girls that gets the two mixed.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Kasha
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, of course not - it's SELF-DEFENSE.

Catcalling is harassment, if it's progressing to a point where people are following you then that is a real threat to your safety - they are stalking you and you have no idea what their intent may be. As long as you're careful and remember it's about keeping yourself safe; some men may respond badly to this and become aggressive, also remember to protect yourself legally so that you don't risk getting into trouble for excessive response.

• 2 years ago

Yes. Use mace if he attacks you.

Maybe you should wear sunglasses

and a trench coat, so they can't tell

if you are a man or woman.

• 2 years ago

If you become violent in any way, such as using a weapon, then you are committing a crime and can be prosecuted ...and go to jail. How about contacting the police and asking them to do their job, instead of you? I suggest that you either take a different route, ask someone to walk with you, ignore them, and work on your volatile personality, before it gets you into more trouble. Good luck,

• Kayla2 years agoReport

And why the **** would I ignore someone who is following me home? Should I ignore them when they come upstairs with me and try to come in too?

• 2 years ago

What have you got against complements?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nc Jay
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

A knife may be a bit too much, but zapping him with a stun gun or tazer is acceptable in my eyes.

• rick
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Brandishing a weapon is a crime. A felony in most jurisdictions. Words and "suspicions" are not good enough reasons to attack a person, or even threaten them with weapons. Then there is, who's story is going to be believed? You were armed, and he just made small talk. You are guilty of premeditation at this time. Chill out, and quit believing feminist propaganda. It will only get you in trouble.

• Kayla2 years agoReport

When something like this happens to a female you care about, sing the same tune and tell her to stop being a feminist.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Catcalling is good enough reason to mace him, fallowing you after catcalling or being turned down is certainly a good reason for it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.