Is pulling a self-defense weapon on a guy who follows you too extreme?

Catcalling has been getting so extreme it literally usually resorts to them following me down a few blocks or following my train route. However, I am super confrontational. Would not be abnormal for me to fight them for that with my personality, so if I pulled mace or a knife on a guy who, when I didn't give... show more Catcalling has been getting so extreme it literally usually resorts to them following me down a few blocks or following my train route. However, I am super confrontational. Would not be abnormal for me to fight them for that with my personality, so if I pulled mace or a knife on a guy who, when I didn't give him my number, started following me, would that be too extreme? I feel like I would have to because there's no way I'm gonna let the guy follow me home and know where I live, because what if he's crazy enough to start popping up there just to see me? And don't worry. I know the difference between stalking and someone walking in the same direction as me, I'm not one of those paranoid girls that gets the two mixed.