Why is my business slowing down when we are receiving better feedback and more photos and content?

I host events in different cities throughout the country. I started last year with phenomenal turnout. It continued to be phenomenal through the first half of this year. All of a sudden, we're not getting as many response as we used to. Last year, we hosted in Long Beach, CA and had over 200 people and over 1k... show more I host events in different cities throughout the country. I started last year with phenomenal turnout. It continued to be phenomenal through the first half of this year. All of a sudden, we're not getting as many response as we used to.

Last year, we hosted in Long Beach, CA and had over 200 people and over 1k response in Facebook ads. At that time, it was our first event, no reviews, no feedback, and no photos.

This next few events after that in other states, was doing really well. Hitting an average of 150 gusts per events and as high as 350 multiple times.

Our business however is receiving better feedback and better reviews as we go. For some odd reason, all of a sudden we aren't doing so well anymore. Could barely even get 50 people to show up. Spending more money on Faceboo ads and still nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Update: I host scavenger hunts throughout the country in different cities/state every month. How it works is, we choose a location (city, state). We meet with participants there. Participants are to scatter throughout the city within 3 mile radius to solve the puzzles using an Augmented Reality app. Based on past... show more I host scavenger hunts throughout the country in different cities/state every month.

How it works is, we choose a location (city, state). We meet with participants there. Participants are to scatter throughout the city within 3 mile radius to solve the puzzles using an Augmented Reality app.

Based on past events, our participants were average age of 35 and women. We used this info as target audience on FB and IG ads and it is no longer working out.