Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Why do atheists say they come from dumb unguided chaotic random events & not Intelligent design but then they say they are rational?

Unclefester nobody thinks you are rational

Locke the bacteria actually prove there is a limitation to change. I strongly suggest you visit creation . com to educate yourself. I can tell you are a kid but you can still learn science.

FIrenuts please contact Yahoo answers support to address the reports we are getting about you. You are illegally stalking and harassing people. Please research this offense and there is a new law in 2017 and what you are doing is illegal. Please contact us to address your stalking issues.

To Questioner. I wanted to compliment you on your truly epic answer. Finally some wisdom coming out of yahoo answers. Bravo and encore. Awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiGT32vztCQ

Youtube thumbnail

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO

Best Answer

C.S. Lewis said, "Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It's like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course I can't trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God" (The Case For Christianity).

You'll have to look at the context, but even Charles Darwin said, "...but then with me the horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind, which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" (To William Graham).

===========

Wayne Jackson put it like this: “It is not reasonable to assume that chaos gave rise to order, that the nonrational produced the rational, that nonliving evolved into the living, that nonconscious became conscious, that amoral developed morality, etc. The simple fact is, people do not accept evolution [he’s including chemical and biological evolution] because it is the logical thing to do; rather, many believe it because they have a vested interest in not wanting to acknowledge the Creator!” (The Blind Bookwriter).

Dr. William Lane Craig made the argument: “Sinful people who are bent on pursuing their own selfish hedonistic passions have a vested interest in getting rid of God and so may ignore or suppress the evidence for His reality. Each one of us has a skeptical dial inside which we tend to turn way up when confronting views we don’t like and way down when it comes to our own views. I have been amazed at the absurd things people will believe in order to resist the arguments for God’s existence; for example, that the entire universe popped into being without a cause—a claim that is literally worse than magic and which they would never accept with regard to any other reality in their lives. All you have to do is look at the way these skeptics respond to the arguments and evidence for God to be convinced that they are not the objective and disinterested thinkers you imagine” (Why Are Hedonists Worthy of Moral Condemnation?).

===========

Let’s look at this according to Charles Darwin’s natural selection (survival of the fittest). Both theists and atheists have had equal time on earth and so time has been the test. Less than 10% of the population are atheists. This leads us to a scientific conclusion: either a force greater than both theists and atheists has caused the superior numbers of theists. Or, for reasons unknown, the atheist is simply less fit to survive (yes, that's tongue-in-cheek, but it makes for some interesting conversations).

Evolution is observable, testable, demonstratable, independently verifiable and proven in all natural sciences. In order to be a creationist you have to ignore biology, physics, chemistry, geology, astronomy, medicine, and mathematics. Intelligent design only makes sense if you ignore these subjects. Intelligent design is a irrational religious fairy tale, and nothing more. Thank you for demonstrating the complete lack of science education all creationists have.

• sarah

Even scientists agree someone made this planet habitable. With the amazing plants and animals.

Being the right distance from the sun and thousands of other things to complex to explain by any other

than we were put here by aliens or God or someone else. Even a single cell is very complex. So there

has to be a creator

• Tony R

Well Intelligent Designer sure is an extremely vague description of a god. Let's just say we look at trees and DNA, and decide there appears to be so much order it has to be caused by an Intelligent Designer. This tells us almost nothing at all. You don't know what he wants, you don't know if he want's us to live a certain way, if he has set up some kind of after life for us upon death, you don't even know if he wants us to believe he exists or not. So at the end of the day, might as well not even believe in one. What's the difference, since we can't deduce anything about this so called "Intelligent Designer" anyway. He would first have to appear to everyone clearly, as in visually and audibly, and tell us directly at least something. Unfortunately he is being totally silent and telling us nothing, so we know nothing about him. You would just have to make a stab in the dark and guess, and have a pretty high chance of making the wrong guess.

Sorry

But how does your graphic support your argument?

It's SCIENCE that supports evolution!

• Locke

Your argument would make sense if any of the statements about evolution in the picture were true. We have observed evolution occur, mainly in bugs and bacteria. We've also recorded its occurrence throughout the fossil record. We have tested evolution by following the same process that would occur in nature. I even did it in my biology class in 9th grade. You take a bunch of bacteria, kill off those that have undesirable traits(in this case, the ones that were unable to bind with a certain plasmid) and boom, evolution. This experiment was obviously repeatable, as my entire class did it. Evolution could be falsifiable if you found a case where an animal appeared out of thin air with a completely different genetic system(no DNA or RNA). Sadly for you, this is not the case. Thus, the concept of Evolution, otherwise known as Natural Selection, is easily observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable.

P.S. Why is this in the Yahoo Products section?

Um..I don't. I just don't believe that any gods exist. Show me a god, perhaps I will believe then.

Atheists do not believe in gods. That's it. Atheism has nothing to do with science and vice versa.

Evolution is science and is accepted by theists and atheists alike including all the mainstream Christian religions because the evidence for it is overwhelming. Evolution is observable and has been observed in the wild and in the laboratory. It is testable and has been tested many times. It is repeatable. All experiments and processes that show evolution to be a fact are repeatable, and it is falsifiable. In fact it would be very easily falsified but no-one has yet managed to do it.

Religions, on the other hand, do not accept that their claims are observable, testable, repeatable or falsifiable and anyone who tries to do it is branded a heretic or an apostate..

• choko_canyon
      2 years agoReport

(To the poster of this rubbish). Oh anonymous crap-for-brains, you're so blissfully ignorant of just about everything.

Their minds are literally gay.

• Matt

That's what they were indoctrinated into believing.