Stressed freshman needs help with science.?
1. An object with a mass of 12 kg has a momentum of 168. What's the velocity?
2. What two forces determine the terminal velocity of an object?
3. What is the centripetal force acting on each of the following?
3a. Earth as we orbit the sun
3b. A fastball thrown by a pitcher
3c. A child in a swing
4. A car engine produces a force oof 7,800 N. If the car has a mass of 975 kg, what will it's rate of acceleration be?
5. What are the 2 main variables which determine the amount of air resistance experienced by a moving object?
6. Give an example of the following.
6a. Law of Conservation of Momentum
6b. Newton's 3rd Law of Motion
7. If a baseball is hit to the outfield, and the fielder catches the ball 4 seconds after it is hit, what was the balls vertical velocity when it was caught?
7b. What was the vertical velocity of the ball when it left the bat?