What are those companies/businesses called that takes your money, invest for you, then takes a percentage?

The military offers an amazing retirement plan however I do not believe in letting my money sit. I would like to grow my wealth with the time I have now. Every year due to inflation the price of a dollar drops. I am not very knowledgeable on stocks. Already lost $5000 in stocks/cryptocurrecny. I am just honestly... show more The military offers an amazing retirement plan however I do not believe in letting my money sit. I would like to grow my wealth with the time I have now. Every year due to inflation the price of a dollar drops. I am not very knowledgeable on stocks. Already lost $5000 in stocks/cryptocurrecny. I am just honestly looking for a legitimate RECOMMENDED companies I can trust with my funds that can make me money.

Short term goal: $50,000