No final inspection done after renovations?

My contactor completed our home renovations almost 2 months ago (kitchen remodel, electrical updates etc). We had all of our inspections done and we were told the final inspection was scheduled from our electrician, who was handling my contractor's permits with him. I wasn't here for the final inspection... show more My contactor completed our home renovations almost 2 months ago (kitchen remodel, electrical updates etc). We had all of our inspections done and we were told the final inspection was scheduled from our electrician, who was handling my contractor's permits with him. I wasn't here for the final inspection because we were living with my parents hours away during the remodeling period. Today I was cleaning my kitchen and I found the inspection permit behind the sink. It wasn't signed off under "final inspection" and I realized I do not have the paperwork for it. I called both my contractor and my electrician to ask them about it but they haven't gotten back to me. The town is closed now, but I will call them in the morning. My question is, who is in charge of the final inspection? Was it supposed to be something we called for? I don't feel as though there was anything wrong with the work they did (could be though, you never know) but maybe someone dropped the ball here. I would never had paid my contactor if I had known the final inspection didn't take place. I definitely don't want any open permits, although after all this work we'll never sell this place.
5 answers 5