Online Advertisement & IP Address?

This has taken me a YEAR to figure out and I need some help. I am a real estate agent and tried to do some online advertising targeting Cities near where I live and work, including my own city. I’ve been using Google AdWords I recently figured out that even though I am in one city, my IP addresss is being... show more This has taken me a YEAR to figure out and I need some help. I am a real estate agent and tried to do some online advertising targeting Cities near where I live and work, including my own city. I’ve been using Google AdWords

I recently figured out that even though I am in one city, my IP addresss is being pulled from two cities south of me (where I don’t even work or market to). The “city” my IP is in is very large and more than about 45 min away (driving thru it) in traffic. So, I do not want to include that in my area, I don’t know the area at all.

I’m not worried about *my* IP address but I feel like a lot of people in my city are not seeing my ads because our IP addresses are elsewhere.

Any ideas?