Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 years ago

Why do a lot of people in the Star Wars community hate Kathleen Kennedy, the owner of Lucasfilm?

It seems that among Star Wars fans, a lot of them don't seem to like her. They say that she ruined Star Wars. IDK what I personally think about her, but has she ruined Star Wars in your opinion? If she has, how has she ruined it?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

She is primarily responsible for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" which is disliked among die-hard fan base for being derivative of the original trilogy. She tossed out George Lucas's treatments for the sequel trilogy, and hired J.J. Abrams to direct "The Force Awakens". The last two films, "Force Awakens" and "Rogue One", have had female leading protagonists and a racially diverse supporting cast so people assume she is adding a feminist, politically correct, and multicultural agenda to the franchise. Specifically, Rey is disliked by fans for being a "Mary Sue" warrior princess that is strong with the Force without being trained (that we know of).

Recently, she has had to fire several directors for upcoming "Stars Wars" films. During filming of the untitled Han Solo film, she fired Phil Lord and Christopher Miller for creative differences they had with Lawrence Kasdan. Colin Trevorrow, who was to direct "Episode IX", was replaced due to creative disagreements he had with the script.

• 3 years ago

I'm afraid IDK what I personally think about her. Hope this helped.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.