Why does everybody get worked up about people dying?

Like the Las Vegas shooting, 15 people dead. Big deal theres 7 billion people in the world. Personally we need shootings to balance out population. If it was me who were to die, than I wouldn t be sad because if its not me its someone else you know. Anyone agree?
Update: I get that peoples loved ones died. It must be hard but we only care about people dying here in the USA. Peoples loved ones die all the time all around the world every single minute. Im not trolling. I wouldn't lie on here to make myself look better for the 20~ people that see this question. I have lost my... show more I get that peoples loved ones died. It must be hard but we only care about people dying here in the USA. Peoples loved ones die all the time all around the world every single minute. Im not trolling. I wouldn't lie on here to make myself look better for the 20~ people that see this question. I have lost my closest Grandmother, I was bummed for lack of a better word. Crying doesn't do anything for you except make you even more sad. So personally its healthy for people like the shooter to exist.