Ashley asked in HealthMental Health · 2 years ago

Is it possible to diagnose Traumatic Brain Injury long after the domestic violence has stopped?

I left an abusive relationship almost 3 years ago. The relationship was almost 10 years long. Abuse included choking and a lot of punches to the back of my head. Over the past 3 years, I have had memory issues that I chalked up to being busy. I recently came across information in regards to Traumatic Brain Injury and some of the symptoms are pretty similar.

• Andy C
    Favorite Answer

If you had a TBI back then, unless treated the damage would be done. Go see your doctor and sue him (ex) for any damages.

• Ashley2 years agoReport

Thanks. He was actually prosecuted already. I'm just more curious if there is anyway I can be diagnosed now to have a clear picture of what's wrong with me. And I wanted to add if it matter that I am 28 so memory loss shouldn't be normal.