Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 2 years ago

16 year old struggling with acne.?

Hey! I'm a 16 yr old girl, and having some problems with acne/pimples.

I'm vegan, don't eat much oily food or sugar. Every morning and night I wash my face, I don't wear any makeup. Nightly I apply a salycilic acid acne treatment, and switch out my pillow cases. I usually drink the recommended daily amount of water (sometimes I forget), and I get some excercise. I've had quite a bit of stress in my life recently.

My acne is most along the sides of my cheeks. I also get flare ups on the bridge of my nose where I have a couple black heads which won't go away. (I've tried charcoal peels, baking soda scrubs, and nothing works.) And I have a pimple smack dab in the middle of my forehead just above my eyebrows right now.

Any suggestion of what I can do to help my skin be healthier? I do moisterize every couple days. Please give me more natural treatment suggestions, and not too expensive. I don't want to get medication for it, as it's not that bad! Is this just normal for my age, or is there something I can do?

UPDATE: I have been vegan my entire life, and have never had any health problems. I rarely get the flu, and I am very healthy. I eat a balanced diet. My dad has been vegan for thirty years, so we do have a lot of experience on the subject. The reason I put that I am a vegan, is so that people know that I'm not eating junk food. My acne is not that bad, but it is annoying. I've seen many non-vegans with way worse acne.

Favorite Answer

NATURAL ACNE PROTOCOL

1/ Never, ever touch your face.

2/ Use 3 facecloths to wash your face, one to soap on, one to soap off with very hot water, one to rinse off with ice cold water, in that order, once a day.

3/ If you are under 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A once a day with a full meal

4/ If you are over 18 take 5,000 IU of vitamin A twice a day with a full meal.

Do not get pregnant while taking vitamin A. Do not take any more, like Accutane, it will stop you growing.

5/ Never, ever. pick, squeeze or pop your spot. Read number 1 again.

6/ Do this for 90 days.

7/ Invest in a brand new pillow and 2 new or more pillow cases to ‘double bag’ your pillow. HOT wash every couple of days.

Source:

A bit of advice given to me as a teenager, a bit of science as I am studying allergic reactions and vitamin A is a part of that. A bit of research: I sat in a lecture at the back and watched the acne prone pick at their faces, those with the worse acne touched their faces 32 times in an hour, the clearest complexions didn't touch their faces even once. I have circumstantial evidence that acne is the result of dermatophyte transfer from hands to face...where it does not get washed off and is well fed by hormones, sweat a

nd oil...just a hypothesis... But it would explain why vitamin A is so effective as vitamin causes skin to remove dermatophytes.

I never have had acne, a few pimples on my left chin where I am most likely to rest my hand.

The secret is never to touch the spots

The People’s Pharmacy reports that Milk of Magnesia applied topically, at night is useful. This is 10% Magnesium Hydroxide in water. Epsom salts, which are Magnesium sulphate added to a hot bath are also reported to clear up back acne.

The very latest treatment is super gross, but works: August 2014, T. Borody: Faecal transfer from someone with perfect skin (and I’d guess, same gender.) These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.

• Alonso

Get something new that works. One simple step that works to keep acne and acne scars away.

Niacinamide (aka Niapads ®) face pads help keep acne away by scrubbing open clogged pores, oily residues and exfoliation. Feel a pimple coming? Just wet a pad, place it on the pimple and remove it when dry. Sit back and watch pimple disappear. Works on body acne too.

These pads also help reduce skin hyperpigmentation (acne scars). Try it and see the difference.

• Bort

It might actually be your diet that's causing it. The human body definitely needs a balance of all of the food groups to be healthy. A vegan diet is definitely not a balance of all of the food groups. To remain healthy with a vegan diet you must also take supplements so you are getting a balanced diet. Otherwise you're going to have problems, issues, and just plain not be healthy at all. Even if you feel perfectly fine if you're not getting all of the nutrients your body needs or too much of one and not enough of the others things like what your describing happen and they will be uncontrollable until you get the balance your body needs.

It's not a want, it is a NEED to have a balanced diet. Unless you're taking supplements you are not on a healthy diet and that could be the cause of your acne as well as many other things that might be going on that you didn't mention.

Wash your face like 40 times a day and it will be gone.

• Rachel2 years agoReport

Haha! And the skin will be gone too, but at least there won't be acne. 😂

For a vegan, it is especially important to get your vitamin B12 and your essential fatty acids, so I would recommend a good multivitamin and a vegan essential oils supplement.

Then I recommend you clean your face with coconut oil or olive oil; wipe it on and wipe it off. These oils will dissolve the oil in your skin rather than clogging your pores, and your skin will actually produce less oil then.

• Alexus

I know what you are going through. It sucks! Get a lotion called bevoline it will clear you up within two to three days depending on how bad you have it. Out of all the products I've used, it was the only one that worked for me. It's cheaper on Amazon if you have prime. I hope my answer helps:)

Sorry