Who was the best soccer player from the 80′s?

Favorite Answer

That’s a toughie. There were a lot of good players in the 80’s.

I’m going for Peter Shilton. Some (most?) may not agree, but I think he’s one of the all-time great ‘keepers, and possibly the best England ever had.

He may not have won many major titles, just the European Super Cup, 2 European Cups, the Football League, League Cup, 2 Charity Shields. Actually, that’s a decent number.

He played professionally for 32 seasons, picking up 125 England caps and 1,249 club appearances (1,005 in the League), scoring one goal.

IOC European Football of the Season, PFA Player of the Year, made the PFA Team of the Year 10 times, PFA Team of the Century, PFA Players’ Player of the Year, FWA Tribute Award, Football League 100 Legend, inducted into the English Football Hall of Fame.

It’s unfortunate that many remember him primarily as the victim of the “Hand of God” 20 years into his career.

• I think that depends WHO you ask friend. If its British players i think you could mention Bryan Robson or Glen Hoddle but foriegners you would put up probably Platini, Rossi, socrates,Van Basten or even Matthaus. The problem is friend everyone has their own opinions on who the Best players were in the 80’s. Hope this is a good start!!