Could some one please translate the following into Spanish please?

Dear ---------,

There have been many heroes in the last few weeks following the earthquake that struck Mexico City.

And Frida the dog has been one of the greatest.

Always in my thoughts,

--------

Favorite Answer

---

Hola, Count:

I am sorry, but I don't think Google Translate is as good as Faith Defender thinks.

Dear ---------,

There have been many heroes in the few weeks following the earthquake that struck Mexico City, and Frida, the dog, has been one of the greatest.

Always in my thoughts,

---------

You may say:

Querido/a ---------:

Ha habido muchos héroes en las semanas siguientes/posteriores al terremoto/sismo que azotó/golpeó/castigó (a) la Ciudad de México, y la perra Frida ha sido una de las más grandes.

Estás siempre en mis pensamientos. / Siempre estás en mis pensamientos.

---------

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Or:

Dear ---------,

There have been many heroes in the last few weeks, after the earthquake that struck Mexico City, and Frida, the dog, has been one of the bravest.

Always in my thoughts,

---------

Querido/a ---------:

Ha habido muchos héroes en estas/las últimas semanas, después del terremoto/sismo que azotó/golpeó/castigó (a) la Ciudad de México, y la perra Frida ha sido una de las más valientes.

Siempre pienso en ti.

---------

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I would say something like this:

Querido/a ---------:

Ha habido muchos héroes en estas últimas semanas, después del terremoto que azotó/golpeó a la Ciudad de México, y la perra Frida ha sido una de las más valientes/grandes.

Siempre pienso en ti.

---------

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

NOTES:

1. I have assumed that you are addressing only one person informally/familiarly, so I have used the 'tú' form of the verb 'estar' ('estás) and the object pronoun ('ti').

...................

2. Use 'queridO' if you are writing to a man/boy, and 'QueridA' if you are writing to a woman/girl.

...................

3. There are several differences between Spanish and English punctuation.

...................

4. The use of the personal 'a' in the phrase 'el terremoto que golpeó (a) la Ciudad de México' is optional, but I would include it. If you don't write it, you are focusing on the physical damage and the destruction of the city itself. If you mention it, you are including (and emphasizing) the loss of the human lives.

...................

5. There is a very strong link between the first two sentences. I think there is no need to separate them with a [full stop]/period.

...................

6. Frida is a female dog, so you have to use a feminine noun: 'perrA'. The natural choice is 'la perra Frida'. The phrase 'Frida, la perra' is contrastive (meaning that Frida is a dog, as opposed a woman, for example).

...................

7. The expression 'Siempre en mis pensamientos' is the literal translation (word for word) of 'Always in my thoughts'. It is grammatically correct, but it doesn't sound natural in Spanish.

Saludos. 😏

----------------

.

• Violeta
      3 years agoReport

You can also say:
      • Siempre me acuerdo de ti. (= I always remember you.) ◄
      • Siempre te recuerdo. (= I always remember you.)
      • Nunca te olvido. (= I never forget you.)
      • Nunca me olvido de ti. (= I never forget you.)

I would use the first one, but all these sentences are widely used.

Google Translate is actually very good.

Querido ---------, Ha habido muchos héroes en las últimas semanas después del terremoto que azotó la Ciudad de México. Y Frida el perro ha sido uno de los más grandes. Siempre en mis pensamientos, --------