promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is it possible to design graphics for flash games without coding experience?

I play a small, online, flash game, and found an interest in creating art for the game. Its graphics are a bit outdated and pixelated and i feel like i can make better versions for the Developer. Im pretty good with Photoshop and Illustrator, but im not sure if i could design things for this game using said programs.

Basically im wanting to make menus and buttons for this game. I know i can design them, but im not sure if theres anyway for the developer to get them into the game.

When asked how he created the game, his answer was:

"Actionscript 2 Adobe Flash for the client, and a mix of Actionscript and Java for the server with SmartFoxServer Pro."

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Chris
    Lv 7
    3 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You need to know absolutely nothing about programming to create graphical assets.

The developer can get them into the game by opening his Flash source file, importing your graphics and replacing the existing ones with them. It's the most basic thing.

Flash supports both raster images and vector images, so you can use either Photoshop or Illustrator. For raster images you'll use the PNG format; as for vector, best ask them which format they'd need.

One final thing: Flash is dead. Unless he's working on a JavaScript port, pretty soon nobody will be able to play the game.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

Not really.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

you need a decent amount of coding to develope a flash game. unity personal edition is an easy to use software for games

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.