Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 3 years ago

How do you deal with a spouse who never invites you to things?

Your husband is always doing things without you and never invites you to do things with him. He will invite his kids (from his previous marriage) to do activities with him or his mom or hide friends but never includes you. He will do things such as kickboxing classes, karate classes, art class, yoga, political rallies etc and never invite you.How do you handle this? If you mention it he calls you selfish and says you should be happy for him and his kids and mom and not always think about yourself.

You cut him off. Enough said.

Since you already talked with him about this. I would tell him his behavior needs to change immediately and that you will no longer continue to put up with this. This is a form of verbal abusive downing a spouse for no reason. Was he like this before you married? Has anything changed? Since you voiced your opinion time to bring up couple counseling if your spouse is unwilling too go then you have your answer on where he stands. Your choice is to either divorce him or decide if you love him enough to endure. For me personally I would hire the best attorney and divorce lawyer.

Build up your self esteem

You don't wait for the invitation and just go to support your husbands endeavors.

Try being better company? That sounds mean but, seriously, give it a try.

• .

I wouldn't marry someone like that in the first place, and if we DID do things together before marriage, and then he quit wanting to do that, we'd either work through the issue or part ways. I see no need to waste my life with someone who doesn't want to do anything with me. What's the point of being a couple?

• mmm

you start doing your own thing - at some point he will realize you two lead separate lives - and either allow it or fix it

it appears to me - he doesn't like to hang out with you - just bang you

I wouldn't marry a person like that at all, but, for the sake of discussion, if I magically woke up in your situation, this is what I would do: if I wanted to go to a kickboxing class, karate class, art class, yoga, or to a political rally, I would go to a kickboxing class, karate class, art class, yoga, or political rally. Him not inviting me would not stop me from doing whatever I darn well want to do.

Why are you married to someone who treats you this way?

Why did you marry someone who treats you this way? Surely this behavior didn't magically start once the ring went on his finger.

Start doing things on your own. Maybe you will meet a man who actually gives a **** about including you and not leaving you out.