Parents: what would you do?

I m 17 and my boyfriend would talk to me about his depression and thoughts of suicide. I m often able to get him to calm down and the convince him to sleep and he d be good as new in the morning. This time, it felt so serious and like he was legitimately going to attempt to kill himself. I worried all night,... show more I m 17 and my boyfriend would talk to me about his depression and thoughts of suicide. I m often able to get him to calm down and the convince him to sleep and he d be good as new in the morning. This time, it felt so serious and like he was legitimately going to attempt to kill himself. I worried all night, everything was fine the next morning. I talked to him and told him it was a lot for me to deal with and that I loved him but he needed some sort of help from someone who wasn t emotionally involved. He then called the Suicide Hotline and was checked into a mental hospital. I feel like it s all my fault and his family is upset with me. I was trying to convince him to seek help and not check himself into a facility. So parents, if your son/daughters girlfriend/boyfriend urged him/her to seek help for suicidal thoughts and depression, would you be angry with the girlfriend/boyfriend? I feel like his parents are angry with me.
5 answers 5