Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I need to write a speech about Ebola, how should I begin the speech without saying I'm going to be talking about?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The Ebola virus causes an acute, serious illness which is often fatal if untreated. Ebola virus disease (EVD) first appeared in 1976 in 2 simultaneous outbreaks, one in what is now, Nzara, South Sudan, and the other in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo. The latter occurred in a village near the Ebola River, from which the disease takes its name.

Source(s): WHO

Do you like this as an opening hook?

"A sick little girl is lying outside Redemption Hospital in Monrovia, Liberia, waiting for health workers to remove dead bodies before she can enter."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/national/2014/10/...

according to vyacheslav krasheninnikov, when cure for cancer is made public, there will appear another super-disease with no name and no cure. forgive me.