Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Why is Trump supporting Luther Strange if Strange is part of the Establishment?

I don't understand. Populism is what Trump gave the leaning edge during his campaigns and not really aligning with the Establishment like Strange (Even RINO Lindsey Graham supports him)..so shouldn't he be favoring Former Judge Roy Moore, or am I missing something?

Best Answer

Stranger things have happened. Hillary lost to President Trump with a 99 percent approval rating.

Strange was one of Trump's first supporters, so Trump won't turn his back on him. Moore has problems and has been forced out of Judicial appointments.

Trump made some kind of a deal with McConnell to back the guy he wants. It is safe to assume that Trump desperately wants to be a member of the establishment. He thinks they will protect him from Mueller and the Feds.

• Jeff D

I don't know because I think Moore is the better candidate and will win anyway.

f