Rap & Hip-Hop: So what's the RHH fam listening to right about now?

For me, it's been a lot of, Ro James and August Alsina, just starting to enjoy that sing-rap style more, it lets you hear the artists voice in its fullness.

Q: What's your thoughts on the past few years of R/HH, like 2014-2017?

(I'm not going to lie, I do like the younger rappers like 21 Savage, but it gets boring after awhile and when I hear of an old head coming out from their dormant sleep, it's usually timeless and better, it puts a giant smile on my face)

Q2: Who are your top 5 favorite producers right now?(doesn't necessarily have to be current or all time, just what producers have been catching your ear recently)

V V

Heads up!

Kool G Rap dropped a project this year, titled Return Of The Don, it's actually... pretty damn good, I was expecting some outdated sounding 80s ****, it still has the old eastcoast slang.. but it's nice.

He adapted and while it didn't get many sales, I recommend y'all check it out when you're in a chill/relaxed mood. I just wish he would've put more modern features e.g. (Pusha T, Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q, Freddie Gibbs... etcetera, along with keeping the Raekwon and Sean Price feats...)

- CCV.

Favorite Answer

My playlist has always been a mix of new and old tracks as for new music I have been repeatedly listening to Highly Intoxicated the new Juicy J mixtape that came out a couple of days back and after a few average releases Juicy J is back with some hot $#it and has once again proven that he got one of the best mixtape discography ever. For older music I have once again gone back to NWA era with all that No Vaseline and F**k Da Police **** and sounds awesome when you play it after so long.

B.Q 1 : It has been good with its own highs and lows as for my taste TAAN by Wale, RTJ 2 by RTJ and ALLA by Rocky (maybe a few more) have been the only albums that I really enjoyed from start till end.

B.Q 2 : Now that's tough but I'll give a few names :

# DJ Premier

# Dr. Dre

# Madlib

# RZA

# J Dilla

Well, I did not listened to it cause with all honesty I have never been a big fan of G Rap, I mean I can only enjoy G Rap in bits and pieces and listening to a complete project from him in a single sitting gets too much for me. Even though I am not into stereotyping but I agree with most old hip hop heads when they say that G Rap is like Em of 80s, he was good but extremely overrated.

• Dopeboy
      3 years agoReport

You're 100% correct when I first played 'Highly Intoxicated' it hit me right in the head cause of that Triple 6 Mafia feeling this project gives.

• Preddy

I keep telling myself to listen to like to some August but I never come round to doing it, I've heard some features from him and his I really like what I heard

BQ1) Not bad, better than 2010/2013 like what Luke said, we've had some good albums

BQ2) DJ Mustard, Ryan Lewis, Kanye... anyone who produced DJ Khaled's music

Never could get into him tbh :/

Nothing yet, but I'm bout to listen to some Musiq Soulchild. This song is sooooo good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0sGDKBYZgk

Youtube thumbnail

BQ: Awful for the most part. I think this is the worst era in hip hop so far. I know that people said that in the early 2000's, and again in the late 2000's, and then again in the early 2010's, but I think this is the worst one yet. Sad thing is that in 5-6 years I'll probably look back and say this wasn't this bad compared to what will be around then.

BQ2: I don't really have any favorite producers TBH

I tried to listen to that G Rap when it came out but I didn't care for it much. Maybe I'll try it again.

I'm a Rocky stan now. Tho the new freestyle he dropped with Metro Boomin on the beat was pretty awful. His new album is on the way soon, tho.

BQ1: Imo better than 2010-2013. I think Trap has improved with autotune playing a bigger role in it. And a lot of the best experimental albums have been legit top tier as well.

BQ2:

Kanye

Dilla

Knxwledge

Just Blaze

Anyone who produced Rocky's music

Heard the G Rap album. It's pretty good, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. I could see how some people who really like that style of rap would like that. But I'm not into it as much as I used to be and prime G Rap was much better obviously with more replay value.