Why do so many Christians, fundamentalists and otherwise, try to use the Bible to try to convince atheists of the truth of God?

Atheists do not believe in God. Therefore the FIRST thing you should be doing is giving logical arguments addressing THAT point. If they don't accept God obviously they are not going to accept anything the Bible says, so as a result it is a total waste of your energy. It is only after a person has accepted the truth of God's existence that the Bible and Jesus become relevant to help lead them to Christianity.

You are putting the cart before the horse.

Favorite Answer

I quite agree with you, it is a waste of time - it is like someone saying they detest apples but then you go and expect them to drink cider or apple juice!

Unfortunately, there are some who have no desire to believe, so if you expressed the best logic in the world for the existence of God, and the Spirit of Christ alive in the world, they would brush it off - like the old saying -'You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

I speak of my personal experience of God and the amazing experiences of my husband and other alive Christian friends, but most atheists treat you as a liar or fantasist -perhaps that's their character fault and they are projecting their flawed concept of life on to the Christians. Life on this earth is not logical without a designer and super intelligent power source, how can something come from nothing unless there is another unseen level of life superior to this physical one.

• wombatfreaks
      2 years agoReport

god has hardened the heart of atheists, like he did to pharoh, god has a reason for making them not believe.

Let use our intelligence. If someone told that a beautiful well furnished just pop up with no building would we believe them. Without using the Bible at first let look at the earth and how resourceful it is. It is the absolute correct distance for the sun, it has it own means of irrigation ( the earth worms), at a precise time of the years we have the change of climate, at precise time of the year the birds fly south, at a precise time the earth revolves around the sun, foods for the animal and humans exist, and the ocean never over flows. The Bible answers why:Hebrews 3:4 Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.

The Bible claims to be the written word of God. So, why not use If the Bible is not the word of God there is no basis for accepting it. I personally know of atheist after studying the Bible in depth have become a Jehovah's Witness.

Blah blah

I suspect they are praying to the ghost, lord/jesus is made up and he is impossible to be existed. That is why I don't believe Christian is true.

God is not to be intuited philosophically. He is to be experienced. The Bible helps us know how to approach God, and every year millions of honest and sane people learn the basic truth of the Bible for themselves. Maybe they hope that the word of God will touch your hearts.

• wombatfreaks
      2 years agoReport

exactly! The only way to truely have faith in god is to believe in him first, the faith comes after that

• ?

The exact same standard could be applied to circumstance where an Evolutionist is trying to convince a Creationist, like me, that Macroevolution is supposedly true. Why bother using the "proof" of Macroevolution to support Macroevolution if the other person doesn't believe in it? Again, you're argument is fallacious.

Source(s): I'm a proud and devout Christian

No, the FIRST thing to do is to pray that God will open the fool's heart and mind.

• wombatfreaks
      2 years agoReport

God has hardened their hearts, like he dd to pharoh. No one can change Gods plan, atheists are forever damned

They are severely brainwashed.

I have tried the intellectual arguments and alas most atheists (@Y R&S) simply do not understand science.

I have no freaking idea.

It would be like me using Lord of the Rings to convince Hobbit Deniers that Hobbits are real.

I know Christians will say "That's just stupid, SupaStar".....

and YES. I agree with them.