How do I keep in touch with this guy? Am I being too hasty?

There's a guy that I've been talking to in a class that I am no longer taking, and this is the only class he was taking on my campus. He's a really sweet guy and we have a lot in common. This is my freshman year in college, same for him, but before all this, I've been home schooled, so I just... show more There's a guy that I've been talking to in a class that I am no longer taking, and this is the only class he was taking on my campus. He's a really sweet guy and we have a lot in common. This is my freshman year in college, same for him, but before all this, I've been home schooled, so I just don't know if I'm doing this right.

I gave him my number and he was all for it, said he looked forward to speaking with me. Problem is, I'm pretty sure it was the wrong number, I haven't gotten a text from him and I have no other way of speaking to him. I sent him an email through our school emails but that was a little bit before Irma had hit our area. People still don't power in this area. That's also a plausible reason.

I found him on Instagram. My accounts is pretty barren, don't have friends who I follow, nor do people follow me, I only have two posts, but I thought I could send him a message on there and ask for his number. I tried to request a follow, but got cold feet and unfollowed quickly. I did that twice...

Is it okay if I follow him? Should I? How would I even ask for his number without seeming hasty? if it turns out I gave him the right number this whole time, I'd be so embarrassed.
1 answer 1