Teenage grief in school. Need help?

My family has had a very unexpected passing only 7 weeks ago. My sister died in her sleep at 18, just after finishing high school, and with no warning. I'm in college and am able to take classes from home or skip a semester altogether if I need to, but my younger brother is still in high school and has no... show more My family has had a very unexpected passing only 7 weeks ago. My sister died in her sleep at 18, just after finishing high school, and with no warning. I'm in college and am able to take classes from home or skip a semester altogether if I need to, but my younger brother is still in high school and has no options like mine. He went to this school with my sister the previous year on top of that. Even looking at the building makes me feel horrible, but he has to be there nearly 8 hours everyday. The first week was okay. But my brother's depression over school has rapidly increased and he hates it there. He cries and gets angry. He literally said this morning that he "despises" his school. He's 15. He has no friends in any of his classes or his lunch. He's alone all day. We hoped the counselor would create his schedule to include his friends for support but that did not happen. We don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my brother because of his stupid, non-supportive high school and crappy teenagers. I don't know if there are any programs, any other options, or just anything anyone knows about that could help. We're desperate.
7 answers 7