What to do in New York after the balls drops?

I have decided to go to New York this year to view the ball drop in person. It has been a dream of mine for a long time to be in Times Square on NYE, and I know.. I've heard all of the horror stories. But call me crazy, I'm going anyways! In an effort to save money, I have decided to leave my home on the... show more I have decided to go to New York this year to view the ball drop in person. It has been a dream of mine for a long time to be in Times Square on NYE, and I know.. I've heard all of the horror stories. But call me crazy, I'm going anyways! In an effort to save money, I have decided to leave my home on the 31st, and depart from New York to go back home early morning on New Year's Day. In total I will be in New York for about 25 hours, and I have no hotel. It is going to be a crazy and miserable time, I know. But I'm determined. I was wondering what happens after the ball drops, and where I can go afterwards, having no hotel. Are there any stores or restaurants open where I could sit down and have a breather? I can't go into any dive bars or clubs or anything like that because I am traveling with a minor. Is there anything to do in New York after the ball drops besides walk around aimlessly?
7 answers 7