Pat asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 2 years ago

Parking at Bainbridge Island Ferry?

I m going to Seattle and staying on Bainbridge island. I am hoping to take the ferry from the island to Seattle, but want to park before getting on the ferry (I don t need the car in Seattle). Is there an easy place to park at the ferry terminal? If so, where and how much?

Thanks

• Arnold
    Favorite Answer

Yes, there's a paid parking lot next to the Bainbridge Island ferry terminal. The cost of parking depends on how long you're planning on leaving your car in the lot. If it's a day trip to Seattle, it will cost $11. If you're leaving the car for multiple days, it will cost $15 per 24 hour period.

I've never parked here, but I do know that this ferry route can get busy during weekdays...so be prepared with a plan B just in case the parking lot is full. There are a lot of spaces, but if the lot does fill up, you might have no choice but to take your car on board the ferry and then find parking in Seattle.

Check the web site (google maps, etc), because I have never paid attention when I used the ferry. [ But there "must" be, because there is a huge amount of foot traffic that commutes over to work in Seattle. ] It may be north of the ferry holding lot. There is a building the foot traffic goes through. Do not park on the streets.

I think there is parking there, although it might just be load lanes. Even if it is load lanes there is a street a few hundred feet from the ferry with an antique store on it that you could park on. I do not know what happens if you park overnight.

I have taken this ferry a few times.

Idk