i'm 17 years old & i live in ohio. i got a ticket , 50MPh in a 35MPH Lane. its my first ticket. will i lose my license ?

Favorite Answer

Ohio, juvenile speeding, 1st offense

1) Fines up to $50.00 plus $90 administrative court fee.

2) Under 18, mandatory license suspension, either 4 weeks without any driving privileges or 6 weeks with limited privileges only for driving to school or work.

3) Mandatory attendance of a driving course

Plus you can expect the monthly insurance premium on your parents car insurance to go up by $50 per month. All in all, with fines and higher insurance, you've just made about a $750 mistake. Did I forget to say EPIC FAIL?

• ?

--not if you keep it in a place where you can find it.

NO ONE can provide the answer; only guesses............you will find out at the Court appearance..........be sure to bring someone who can drive you home

Yes you will..

Source(s):

....I am a retired police officer. I retired as a sergeant, after 29 years, from a very large department, about 12,000 officers. I was a patrol officer for 4 years in a very diverse area. I was a tactical officer in the high rise project areas of my city. We called it vertical patrol in that we walked the the stairways of the high rises most of the time. I did that for 5 years and was promoted by test to detective. I worked violent crime (homicide, sex, officer involved shootings, robbery, kidnapping, serious non property incidents) for 11 years until I was promoted to sergeant. I worked as a street supervisor, a bicycle patrol supervisor and a desk sergeant/watch commander. During my time as a tactical officer and a detective I was a unit representative for the police union.

I have a B.A in English and an M.S. in Law Enforcement Administration....

• Mike

No but slow down.

If everyone lost their license when they got their first ticket, you'd see streets full of people walking. 8^)

You'll pay a fine. You'll get one point on your license for three years. If you accumulate enough points, then you'll lose your license. One point won't even make your insurance go up.