What do you think of this friendship? Why is she like that?

I have a good friend who I'm very close to. She's 50 and I'm 19, we're both girls.. she's become a very special friend of mine, one you rarely come across. We get a long so well for our age difference, we have so many similar life experiences, especially for me being so young. We talk all the... show more I have a good friend who I'm very close to. She's 50 and I'm 19, we're both girls.. she's become a very special friend of mine, one you rarely come across. We get a long so well for our age difference, we have so many similar life experiences, especially for me being so young. We talk all the time, over the phone mostly because we live far. She will help me through my life problems and I will help her, she's so supporting and caring, consdering she's a blunt and reserved person. We can talk about anything and everything, we've cried to each other on the phone and have helped each other get through tough times. I'm completely comfortable with her and I assume she is too as we have shared so many important private things with each other. She's a great friend and mentor to me. She helped me when I reached a low point in my life, I was at a bad point the other day.. she called me and got after me for considering something stupid. She said how special I was to her and that she would be heart broken if anything ever happened to me. We were on the phone for 3 hours that afternoon. She even threatens to drive all the way over here (my college) and whip my butt. That she'd be monitoring me/my media posts etc.. to make sure I don't do anything stupid.. it's weird because some moments she can't be extremely rough and others she calls me her sunshine.. Why is she like that to me? Why is she just so special to me? I just get a special feeling towards her
3 answers 3