promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
caroline asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 years ago

Do u think i will become anorexic on a 900 cal diet?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago

Anorexia is a mental illness. You won't become it at a certain weight unless you meet the mental health criteria for an eating disorder. 900 calories a day is a lot anyway

https://goo.gl/edbexi

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 years ago

900 calories is too low. You should have at least 1200

• 3 years ago

The minimum to maintain a healthy mind and body, the BARE minimum, is 1400 calories. Anything under that will cause you to physically and mentally deteriorate. It will be slow and it will be agonizing.

You would eventually become severely underweight, but not anorexic. Anorexia is a mental illness, as others have mentioned. However, anyone actually considering a 900 calorie diet is probably slightly mentally retarded.

• 3 years ago

Anorexia is a mental illness. You won't become it at a certain weight unless you meet the mental health criteria for an eating disorder. 900 calories a day is a lot anyway

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

No, because you mentally don't want to eat food because you're afraid of any calories making you gain weight, if you don't have the mentality to eat 900 cal a day, it's unlikely you'll become anorexic

Source(s): I'm anorexic/bulimic
  • 3 years ago

It depends

• Alfred
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

well, with your kind permission, young lady- I guess yoy're young enough to be my daughter- to begin with....

it sounds to me a severely hypocaloric diet = much too little and potentially dangerous....

additional questions are to be asked in real life....

and the single most important question is whether or not you've got to be on a diet in order to lose weight- to begin with...

very much depends on your age, height, real and ideal weight,caloric expenditure ( for instance, your practice of outdoors sports ), growth needs - if so...

and it sounds to me that you need a balanced nutrition- with plenty of fruit and vegetables, high - quality proteins from meat, fish ...yeah... eggs, milk and dairy products , both animal and vegetal fats ( the latter are edible oils ), carbohydrates and a caloric amount tailored to your age, height, real and ideal weight, caloric expenditure, growth needs...

it would be much better to get the professional advise of a nutritionist- in real life, in your area,someone skilled in treating people of your age...

whether eating a 900 caloric diet could bring you on the brink of anorexy ( which sounds likely ) is a good question....

anyway -it sounds to me you need much motre than this for a normal development....

take care . please, and avoidANY form of starving yourself....

please, immediately let -inasmuch as possible - your closest available family exactly know what you're going through...

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Eventually...

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Anorexia is a mental illness. You can consume 3000 calories and be anorexic. Caloric intake has nothing to do with it. But if you consume 900 calories per day you'll get sick and eventually die a slow and agonizing death from starvation. Even if you don't die and go back to a normal diet, there's a risk of organ damage or failure as well as permanent metabolic damage and lifelong health problems.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

no you won't

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.