Can I become an Elementary School teacher with a Bachelor s degree in an irrelevant field?

I have a BA in Japanese/Global Studies, and taught English as a Foreign Language on the Japan Exchange and Teaching program (JET) right after graduation. I loved my assignments in Elementary School, and would love to change my career path to become an Elementary School teacher. I know I ll need my initial teaching... show more I have a BA in Japanese/Global Studies, and taught English as a Foreign Language on the Japan Exchange and Teaching program (JET) right after graduation. I loved my assignments in Elementary School, and would love to change my career path to become an Elementary School teacher. I know I ll need my initial teaching certification, but I m not sure how to go about pursuing this further step in my education. Do I go for my Master s degree? Or retake a Bachelor's in Education?