Can I withhold rent because of a bad water heater/boiler?

The gas company lit my water boiler on August 28th and I was told to wait an hour before I use the hot water. After two hours had passed I ran the hot water for ten minutes and the water was cold so I called the manager who and she basically told me that the boiler is lit and she visually inspected it and she could... show more The gas company lit my water boiler on August 28th and I was told to wait an hour before I use the hot water. After two hours had passed I ran the hot water for ten minutes and the water was cold so I called the manager who and she basically told me that the boiler is lit and she visually inspected it and she could see that it was on. So the next day I still didn t have hot water so I asked the manager if I could inspect the boiler my self and she denied my request. I continued to notify the property owner and the manager over the course of a week and they both failed to send a repair man to fix the problem so I called the gas company and they came out to inspect it on the 5th of September. Apparently the boilers pilot light turned off by its self and someone shut the gas valve off or someone purposely turned off the boiler.
9 answers 9